The goal of the Carlson School of Management’s consulting club is to increase the probability of their MBA students being hired for consulting positions. They do this by facilitating different activities so members can develop their own methodologies and techniques.
Three Main Activities
The club’s activities can be categorized into the following:
- Interview Preparation – Since the case interview is a tool recruiters use in the selection process, the club offers workshop and practice sessions to help student crack the case.
- Networking Opportunities – The club makes use of its alumni network to organize events that let students interact with key people in the industry.
- Consulting Showcase Events – The club invites management consultants to talk about their experience, clarify issues of students and share some tips.
The club is related to the following:
- Carlson Consulting Enterprise – This is a two-semester course that provides practical and theoretical consulting background to students. The enrollees are assigned to work in teams on projects for local companies. Their project work will be supplemented by weekly classes where they will be taught management consulting skills and strategies. Students are able to interact with clients and at the same time, get advice directly from their professors. The package makes the experience not only meaningful, but also practical. When students finish this course, they will have the confidence to apply at top tier firms, such as McKinsey, Bain and Deloitte.
- Graduate Volunteer Consultants – This is an organization of MBA & MA-HRIR students who provide consulting services to non-profit organizations for free. In the past, the club has done a project on strategic planning, human resources transformation, marketing development and operations management, among others. For school year 2011-2012, the club was able to finish 16 projects.
Visit Carlson Consulting Club’s Website
To know more about their activities and contact information, kindly visit their website.
Trackback from your site.